Friday, September 12, 2008

Geography

Yes, I know there is something to be said about old, long, established love. There's an attraction to knowing someone so well you can finish their sentences, and the perfect gift to give, etc.

But let's face it, there's a certain dynamic attraction to the first few heady days of falling in love. Or falling in lust.

Now, before you all go freak out on me, I'm thinking about this because I'm watching Pretty Woman. I'm not cheating on Justin. :)

But watching Richard Gere and Julia Roberts fall in love with each other, kiss each other on the lips for the first time, Richard teasing Julia with the diamond necklace box....

the allure of fresh possibilities, the promise of new experiences, is just as attractive as the person you are sharing it with.

Is it possible to have that with someone you've known for 10 years?

I think so, and I'm setting out to prove it.

1 comment:

Green Mountain Boy said...

I look forward to your next posting and finding out what is going on in your life. Your photos are as good as your writing.