Monday, September 29, 2008

Hard lessons to learn

First off, because I have so many wonderful friends who care (and I mean that in the most sincere sense possible), my friend is out of the ICU and doing marginally better. Justin and I fly to Washington, D.C. to see her next week, and I'm practically jumping out of my skin because I want to be there NOW. I'll try to contain myself.

I've learned some pretty tough lessons this week. I may or may not have cost myself a couple of friendships, hopefully not but if I did it was my own fault.

I'm so glad to be reminded that I'm a human being, a work in progress, and thank goodness for divine forgiveness. At least He forgives me, even if my (also human) friends can't.

I guess the day I stop learning is the day I die.

1 comment:

redwithenvy said...

the friendships that are easily lost sometimes aren't worth hanging on to. i've discovered that lately.

hang in there.

-s