Monday, December 17, 2007

Origin of name

Alegria--Spanish word meaning elation/euphoria

Fury--my husband's nickname for me and my fire department nickname.

Being a redhead, the Fury nickname was probably inevitable.

Alegria--well, it's the name of a Cirque du Soleil show. If you haven't seen a Cirque show, you are truly missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures. I highly recommend seeing one: Ka, in Vegas, if you can get there. And while you're in Vegas, check out O and Mystere too. You won't be sorry.

Elation/euphoria is a highly desirable state of mind, and one that I strive toward. Fury doesn't have to indicate anger. One can have a fury of emotion and not be mad. Just intense.

Yep, that pretty well describes how I try to live my life. Euphoric and happy.

Peace to you in this season of Advent.

No comments: