Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Christmas Prayer

This is my Christmas Prayer, dedicated to all:

For the weary at heart, I wish for you hope;

For the suicidaln and despondent, I wish for you clarity of sight, that you may see beyond dark despair into the light of a new day;

For those dealing with mental illness, I wish for you comfort and understanding;

For those struggling with drug and/or alcohol addiction, I wish for you freedom from your demons;

For those far from family, I wish for you good friends and good company;

For those who are blessed enough not to fall into any of the above categories, I wish for you a grateful heart.

For everyone, everywhere, I wish for you peace, love, and happiness. We are blessed with beauty all around us, if we only choose to see it. Find beauty in a child's delight, a co-worker's smile, a passerby's kind deed, the moon shining on and through the snow. Find peace in the joyousness of the season, the quiet wonder of the world becoming reborn along with our Saviour's coming. Find happiness in the sunrise, the sunset, the glorious small details of life on this planet.

Pause with me now, and take a deep breath, and feel the anticipation of the world, the peace His coming brings, and the blessings bestowed on us all: life, love, and the ability to feel gratitude for it all.

Merry Christmas, world. Joyeux Noel. May Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Mary Dawn said...

pretty post :)

i tagged you for a meme at my blog, i know you like the survey thingies